Dr. Jenna's Infertility Plan
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after 12 months of regular unprotected sexual intercourse. Infertility can have many different causes and can be due to the male and/or the female in the relationship. It can be experienced as the inability to conceive or inability to carry the pregnancy with multiple miscarragiges. The best time to work on infertility is well before you want to conceive as good preventative care, but there is certainly a lot that can be done as you're trying to conceive as well.
Top 3 causes of Infertility
- Hormone imbalance (in males and females) which is often related to stress levels.
- High environmental toxin load in the body.
- Genetic issues.
The initial investigation
- Assess stress levels in your life and hormone levels in blood and/or saliva.
- Assess environmental exposures and test levels in blood or urine.
- Assess genetic markers that could effect fertility.
- Stress and anxiety management through lifestyle changes, supplements, and relaxing bodywork.
- Herbs, supplements, and bio-identical hormones to optimize hormones for conception and carrying a pregancy.
- Individualized detox protocols based on when you want to conceive.
- Supportive lifestyle changes and supplements for genetic factors.