Dr. Jenna's Heartburn Plan
Heartburn is a burning or discomfort in the central chest area underneath the sternum (breastbone.) It can also be accompanied by acid reflux, coughing, indigestion, or a sore throat.
Top 3 causes of heartburn
- Stress and anxiety.
- Food allergies or sensitivities.
- Hiatal Hernia (part of the stomach slipping up above the diaphragm.)
The initial investigation
- Assess stress levels and where you feel your anxiety in your body.
- Assess diet for inflammatory foods.
- Physical exam to assess for minor hiatal hernia or gastric imaging to confirm.
- Stress and anxiety management through lifestyle changes, supplements, and relaxing bodywork.
- Dietary changes to reduce inflammation in the gut.
- Ant-inflammatory supplements and herbs to heal the esophagus.
- Visceral Manipulation bodywork to eliminate a hiatal hernia.