Dr. Jenna's Headache & Migraine Plan
Headaches and migraines can be quite frustrating for those suffering from them. It can be hard to tell when they will show up and how bad they will be from time to time. Often folks will resort to taking anti-inflammatory and pain-suppressing medications like acetaminophen and ibuprofen which may work well but are particularly hard on the liver and stomach. Interestingly, the location of your headaches within your head gives insight as to the cause and will certainly be one of the questions Dr. Jenna asks about.
Top 3 causes of headaches & Migraines
- Food allergies and/or sensitivities.
- Environmental toxin exposure or poor detoxing abilities.
- Muscle tension and/or structural imbalances in the bones of the head, neck, and pelvis.
The initial investigation
- Assess diet and potential food allergies through elimination diets or blood tests.
- Assess potential toxin exposures and levels in the body through measurements of the blood and/or urine and assess the health of the detox organs.
- Assess muscle tension and alignment of bones in the head, spine, and pelvis.
- Anti-inflammatory or elimination diet protocols
- Personalized detox protocols and supplements to support proper detox and the detox organs.
- Therapeutic bodywork, particularly craniosacral therapy. Address hydration and nutrient levels that can also contribute to muscle tension.