Dr. Jenna's Fatigue Plan
Fatigue is by far the most common complaint that folks have, it also happens to have the largest number of causes of any symptom. Along with many causes, fatigue can present in many ways: tired muscles, low energy, low stamina, and/or a feeling of being emotionally drained. Looking at how and when you experience your fatigue gives some insight into the causes but a full investigation of your health and life are even better to get to the root of your fatigue. Our world is a busy place filled with electronic distractions, information overload, obligations, and toxic exposures which is a lot to ask the body to process without a balance of down time. Any time the body has to process an emotion, food, pain, toxins, viruses, bacteria, molds, or inflammation, energy is used, so it becomes important to investigate all of these to determine the cause of fatigue.
Top 3 causes of fatigue
- Adrenal fatigue (Chronic Stress)- the adrenal glands are in charge of your stress response, if you are battling stress for a long time or are under extreme amounts of acute stress, they can get a bit tired.
- Environmental exposures: Toxins, viruses, bacteria, molds, electromagnetic frequencies (EMF).
- Nutrient deficiencies from an imbalanced diet or poor digestion/absorption of food.
The initial investigation
- Assess stress levels (mental, emotional, and physical) and measure adrenal hormone levels and balance.
- Assess potential environmental exposures and measure immune markers as well as levels of toxins in the blood or urine.
- Assess diet and test nutrient levels in blood as well as investigate digestive health through stool analysis or symptom picture.
- Lifestyle changes to decrease stress along with counseling and personalized stress management techniques.
- Dietary counseling for optimal energy-boosting nutrient levels.
- Nutritional supplements and herbs to support adrenal glands, detox, digestive health, and/or nutrient levels.
- Individualized detox and immune stimulating protocols