Dr. Jenna's Diarrhea Plan
Diarrhea is loose or watery stool that may or may not be urgent, but is never ideal. It represents some sort of inflammation in the mucous membranes of the small and large intestines.
Top 3 causes of Diarrhea
- Inflammation in the gut from hidden food allergies or Infectious agents from travel, spoiled food, or general exposure.
- Bacterial imbalance in the gut leading to too many bad bacteria and not enough good bacteria.
- Autoimmune disorders of the gut such as Crohn's disease, celiac disease, or ulcerative colitis.
The initial investigation
- Assess diet for inflammatory foods.
- Assess recent or past travel for potential exposures or exposures locally to infections.
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) testing to assess bacterial balance, parasites or other infections, gut inflammatory markers, and autoimmune markers.
- Dietary changes to reduce inflammation in the gut.
- Ant-inflammatory supplements and herbs to heal the gut.
- Probiotics and live-fermented foods
- Herbal and nutrient immune support for infectious agents.