Dr. Jenna's Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes Plan
Diabetes is quickly on the rise in both adults and children in the United States. The body uses glucose (blood sugar) as an energy source for pretty much all of its cells. Glucose comes from the break down of sugar and carbohydrates, primarily, and is then absorbed out the blood stream and into cells with the help of insulin. If cells become resistant to insulin's signal (known as insulin resistance), glucose accumulates in the blood. Too much glucose in the blood vessels creates inflammation and damage in the blood vessels which is why diabetes is often considered a cardiovascular disease.
Top 3 causes of diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Diet high in sugar and carbohydrates and low in fiber and healthy fats that leads to inflammation in the blood vessels.
- Toxin exposure and accumulation and poor detox abilities that lead to inflammation in the blood vessels.
- Lack of proper exercise and movement.
The initial investigation
- Assess diet for imbalances.
- Assess potential toxin exposures and levels in the body through measurements of the blood and/or urine and assess the health of the detox organs. Also measure blood sugar and blood vessel inflammatory markers in the blood.
- Assess exercise practices and areas of potential improvement.
- Anti-inflammatory or elimination diet protocols
- Personalized detox protocols and supplements to support proper detox and the detox organs.
- Personalized exercise strategies and motivation.