Dr. Jenna's Asthma Plan
Asthma is a reaction in the mucous membranes and muscles lining the airways. It is often triggered by exercise, environmental exposures, cold weather, infections, or allergies and creates a tightening in the chest and limits the ability to breath.
Top 3 causes of asthma
- Inflammation in the airways from hidden food allergies or reactions.
- Environmental exposures in the air such as heavy metals, pesticides, and other chemicals.
- Nutrient deficiencies that pave the way for spastic muscles in the airways.
The initial investigation
- Assess diet for inflammatory foods.
- Investigate blood markers for inflammation, food sensitivities, nutrient levels, low grade and chronic infections, and toxin exposure.
- Assess living and working environment.
- Dietary changes to reduce inflammation
- Ant-inflammatory supplements and herbs
- Nutrient supplementation to relax the airways and support the immune system.
- Environmental improvements to reduce irritating exposures.