First comes spring, then comes summer…and with summer comes the cravings for light, pack-able meals. This simple wrap hits all the check points for a satisfying gluten free meal on the go. I make this for a nutritious work/school lunch or for day hikes and even better it can be made the the night before for a quick morning.
Ingredients (per wrap):
- 2 medium-to-large collard leaves
- 2 slices of [sugar free] bacon, cut in half
- 1 handful of salad greens, with or without your dressing of choice
- 2 hefty slices of avocado
- 1-2 slices [heirloom] tomato
- 1 Tbsp [sugar free] mayo
- [Optional} 1-2 slices roasted turkey breast
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil (big enough to dip your collard leaves into)
- Dip collard leaves into boiling water until soft and bright green (about 15-30 seconds)
- Lay soft collard leaves flat, forming 2 layers.
- Add wrap ingredients to center of top leaf and wrap the top layer like a burrito.
- Flip the collard wrap over and roll burrito-style again with the bottom leaf to create two layers (leak control) of collard leaf wraps.
- Cut in half and enjoy!